Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum
Top posting users this month

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Howdy gang

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Howdy gang

Post  Snagged on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:14 pm

Hey folks,

Snagged here. Been a FAAN member for a little over a year now and loving every minute of it. I'm still pretty green at this fishing thing but I've met some pretty outstanding folks, and I'm learning more every time we link up.

When I'm solo, I fish the local Fayetteville waters from my kayak, including Lake Rim and the Bragg lakes. Other times, I'm tagging along with other FAAN members.

Looking forward to meeting more local anglers, and learning more about this great adventure we call fishing.
Snagged
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Re: Howdy gang

Post  Backlash on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:35 pm

Thanks for checkin in, Chris. Hope that you'll post up a bunch.
Backlash
Admin

http://fayettevilleanglers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cujo on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:01 pm

I got myself a decent Daiwa 7' combo and practiced casting with this for most of the afternoon.. i am keen to do the kayak on lakes thing too.. would like to pic someones brain who has experience with the different kayaks out there.. please let me know if you would like to share some knowledge with a newbie.. THANKS .
Cujo
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Deepblu505 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:20 pm

Hey welcome aboard Chris, good to see you on here.
Deepblu505
Guide

http://aparrotlooksat51.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fishgent on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:46 pm

Chris:
welcome. good to have more people posting.

cujo - I have been kayak fishing for several years - WARNING is is an addiction. I fish out of a hobie outfitter which is the two person version of the outback. I plan to sell it becasue my son is old enough to paddle his own. I am planning to get a Hobie Revolution - I like the ability to pedel and leave both hands free. I can always pull the padel out when needed.
Best advice I can give you is to go try out several until you find one you like.
Here are few popular kayaks for fising:
Wilderness systen Tarpons
Heritage Redfish
Liquid Logic Manta Ray
Native Ultimate (this is a hybrid - but I have looked at the Natives several times)
Ocean Kayaks

If you are just starting out, check the boards for a used kayak. there are some great deals that come pre-rigged ready to fish. Then again, it is a lot of fun rigging your kayak.
let me know when you get one and we will hit a local water. I have never tried Jordan lake on kayak but would like to give it a go for strippers.

chris jordan a.k.a. Fishgent
fishgent
Deckhand

Back to top Go down

FG

Post  Cujo on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:23 pm

Chris..

Sounds great thanks for the advice ...
We will meet up soon as i get a kayak.. should have one soon .. just need to find a job first.. ha ha ..
Lake Jordan is a scenic lake and i have not seen soo many fish on the fish finder before..
I would like to do it over a few days. not during weekend(too many boats).. kayak .. camp .. and move on the next day..

Steve.
Cujo
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top