Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum
Top posting users this month

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Blue Fish Recipe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blue Fish Recipe

Post  Deepblu505 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:58 pm

I usually just fry my blue fish but I found this and it was pretty good. A lot of people think of Blue Fish as a trash fish, but I like it when it is fresh.

Bluefish Recipe from BooDreaux.

Fillet and skin your bluefish take out bloodline.( Some people bleed them as well when caught and keep on ice)

Mix together Olive Oil, Balsamic vinegar, kosher salt, minced garlic, fresh ground black pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper, honey, dried basil, dried oregano, dried marjoram and parsley and 1/3 cup of fresh lime juice for each filet. Mix well and pour over fillets.

Marinate filets in mixture for 12-24 hours in fridge.

Use 1/2 stick of unsalted butter. Grease the bottom of a casserole dish. Place the filets along with the marinade into the casserole dish. Place pats of butter on top of each fillet. Season fillets with salt, black pepper, white pepper, cayenne, onion powder, garlic powder, dried marjoram, basil and rosemary or use a commercial Cajun seasoning/blackening mix. I like to add fresh minced garlic and finely diced red onion as well.

Broil for seven to ten minutes making sure not to overcook, it’s way better to slightly undercook than overcook, since fish will continue to cook even when removed from heat source. Check to see when fish flakes nicely and mixture is bubbling hot.

Serve with crusty French bread, a green salad and steamed broccoli.
Deepblu505
Guide

http://aparrotlooksat51.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top