Fayetteville Anglers' Network Forum
Top posting users this month

AnglingNC Twitter Feed

Where'd my bass go?

Go down

Where'd my bass go?

Post  jderricknc on Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:08 am

Hey! So, I'm on a small lake (Lake Clair, here in Fayetteville, off Village Drive) and the bass seem to have moved and I'm trying to track them down. 

Around February or March, there are a ton of them in a small slew that feeds the lake.  About now, the fishing dies down in that slew and I don't seem to find them elsewhere bankfishing (no boats are allowed on the lake).  It's a relatively shallow lake, with a dam at one end....  Any thoughts?

Thanks!
John

jderricknc
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Re: Where'd my bass go?

Post  Luni on Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:05 pm

I fished a small pond pretty similar to yours yesterday.  No fish on the banks except for some hogs guarding fry in the shallows and they wouldn't touch a bait.  My guess is weather conditions had them holding deep in the middle of the pond at some stage of spawning.  On a bigger pond today bass were holding in the grass and hitting a topwater frog (not mine) if you were lucky but weren't straying from thick cover and again saw some big bass guarding fry but ignoring a lure.

No trouble getting into crappie, carp, or bream this weekend but the bass bite was tough.

One of my old co-workers lives in those apartments.  They don't even allow boats without a motor?  It's an easy kayak drag from the parking lot.  If I was going to be looking for bass today I'd be throwing a carolina rig through the deep end.  Really I'm waiting for the full moon to run it's course before I expect a good bite on predatory fish.
Luni
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Thanks!

Post  jderricknc on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:43 pm

Thanks for the advice!!!

jderricknc
New Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Luni on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:08 am

Glad to help!  Don't know how relevant it is almost 4 months later.  I haven't even targeted bass since then.  Mostly catfish these days when I have time which is maybe once a month.  Seems pretty easy, consistent, and relaxing and it's nice to have something to take home to a frying pan full of hot oil.
Luni
Avid Angler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down